Raising Achievement Committee
This page gives you information about the Raising Achievement Committee.
Raising Achievement Committee membership:
|Governance Professional||Louise Newman|
RAC committee, formerly School Improvement Committee.
If you wish to see the minutes of any of the meetings please contact the clerk to Governors (email@example.com)
Terms of Reference
This committee meets at least 6 times per year
- Receive reports from Governors with individual responsibilities (Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment; Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare; Federation, Leadership and Management; Inclusion and SEND; Pupil Premium; Sports and PE Premium), make recommendations and agree actions.
- Review and approve the full self-evaluation form (SEF) for both schools.
- Recommend the Academy development plans to the Partnership Board and then review these plans.
- In collaboration with federation leaders, recommend targets to the CEO/ Executive Team of HET for the performance of the academies that comprise the federation.
- Review performance of the academies that comprise the federation and report to the CEO/ Executive Team of HET.
- Hold the federation leadership to account for delivery against KPIs.
- Review the quality of teaching.
- Approve the curriculum.
- Consider curricular issues which have implications for Finance and Personnel decisions and make recommendations to the Resources Committee or Local Governing Body.
- Review arrangements for collective worship including provision of daily act of worship
- Review and monitor how Pupil Premium, SEND and Sports Premium funding is spent at the academies, and make recommendations to the Resources Committee or Local Governing Body.
- Approve the Admissions Policy and make decisions on admissions.
- Review the school prospectus and website.
- Review and agree policies as per the policy review schedule.
The committee will report to the Local Governing Body.