This page gives you information about the Raising Achievement Committee.
Raising Achievement Committee membership:
|Governance Professional||Louise Newman|
Resources Committee Attendance September 2016 – August 2017
If you wish to see the minutes of any of the meetings please contact the clerk to Governors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Terms of Reference
This committee meets at least 6 times per year
1. Receive at each meeting reports and recommendations from Governors with individual responsibilities (Finance and Staffing, Premises and Health & Safety) and make recommendations and agree actions.
2. In consultation with the Executive Head of Federation, approve the first formal budget plan of the financial year, carry out revisions and monitor the budget (termly), except in the case of a forecast deficit balance requiring a full review of budgets/restructuring, when ratification and revisions should be sought from the LGB in an emergency meeting.
3. Establish and maintain an up to date 5 year financial plan, and where that plan falls into deficit balance in any year to inform the LGB at the next meeting or in an emergency meeting.
4. Consider a budget position statement including virement decisions at least termly, and provide updates at the LGB meetings where overspend on the total budget is predicted to exceed £10,000.
5. Review the Outturn Report and report any significant variances from the original budget to the Governing Body.
6. Report to the Greenway Partnership Board and CEO regarding the annual budgets.
7. Ensure that both schools operate within the Financial Regulations of the Hamwic Education Trust and comply with all obligations including the Academies Financial Handbook.
8. Review compliance with regulations by both schools, including employment law and health and safety.
9. Review how the two schools ensure that there are appropriate financial controls so that there is regularity, probity and value for money in relation to the management of public funds.
10. Review provision of school lunches.
11. Review provision of free school meals.
12. Make decisions in respect of service agreements and contracts.
13. Monitor the designation of a teacher responsible for co-ordinating SEN provision.
14. Monitor the designation of a teacher to support looked after children.
15. Review any recommendations of the Raising Achievement Committee regarding the spending of funding relating to Inclusion / SEND, Pupil Premium, PE and Sport Premium and impact on outcomes.
16. Receive a recommendation from the Pay Committee regarding the annual budget needed for pay.
17. Consult with the Greenway Partnership Board regarding central funding.
18. Monitor the staffing structure and approve changes recommended by school leaders.
19. Recruit academy staff, in consultation with school leaders.
20. Make decisions on the dismissal of employees.
21. Determine, in consultation with school leaders and in accordance with Trust policy, an Asset and Premises management strategy.
22. Make decisions on expenditure following recommendations from other committees and governors with individual responsibilities.
23. Review the Academy risk register.
24. Review benchmarking data on an annual basis.
25. Review summary of data relating to performance management.
26. Review and agree policies as per the policy review schedule.
27. The Chairperson has veto on the presence of staff during discussions and/ or votes.
The committee will report to the Local Governing Body.