You will need to complete an application form by visiting www.poole.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Then click: applying for a school place at point of entry – (in How to apply for a school place then click Applying for a school place – at point of entry - as per example page below)
How to apply for a school place
The Borough of Poole are encouraging ALL parents to apply for a school place online.
Please again visit www.poole.gov.uk/schooladmissions for lots more useful information.
Our school admissions are dealt through the Borough of Poole School Admissions Team. They are based upstairs in the library in the Dolphin Centre in Poole.
Tel: 01202 261936
Children & Young Peoples Integrated Services
Our schools admissions policies can be found below;
Appeals Process for Primary School places – Year R and Year 3 – September 2019
Offer letters posted to parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority 16 April 2019
Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer 30 April 2019
Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal 17 May 2019
Appeal Hearing Dates Between 11 June and 19 July 2019
• Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date
• You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date. School days do not include school holidays, inset days, bank holidays or weekends.
• Appeal are normally heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard in school holidays. Where there are a number of parents all appealing for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days.
• The school’s case will be dispatched to you and the Panel members at least 5 working days before the start of the appeal hearing
• Additional evidence may be submitted up to 5 working days before the hearing
• Any additional evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing. The Appeal Panel must decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing
• Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within five school days of the end of the hearing
• Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.